Are you looking for a quick and easy snack that is yummy and good for you? Look no further … Kale Chips are IT! If you’ve never tried Kale and are a little confused as to what to do with it, Kale Chips are a good place to start. Kale is amazing for you, its full of benefits to keep you healthy such as the fact that it’s packed with fiber, iron and antioxidants, it’s fat-free, an anti-inflammatory, supports cardiovascular health, high in calcium (more calcium than milk!), is a great detoxifier and the list goes on-and-on! So if you’re up for a little detoxifying this winter (and who isn’t!) give this Balsamic & Parmesan Kale Chips recipe a go!
You will need
– Olive oil
– Balsamic Vinegar
– Aluminum Foil
– Heat your oven to 300 – the lower the temperature and the longer you bake the Kale for, the less likely you are to burn the chips!
– Remove the leaves from the ribs, rip into bite-sided pieces and wash thoroughly. Use a salad spinner to remove excess water.
– Add enough Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Seasonings and Parmesan to lightly coat all the Kale. Remember, this is supposed to be a healthy snack … don’t drown your poor Kale 😉
– Line a few cookie sheets with aluminum foil and place the Kale pieces in a single layer. Avoid overlaping the pieces as they will not bake properly and come out soggy… ick!
– Put the cookie sheets in the oven. After about ten (10) minutes or so, take the cookie sheets out of the oven and flip all the Kale leaves. Put the Kale back in the oven and repeat this process every ten (10) minutes or so until all the leaves are golden and crisp. Like I said earlier, the lower the temperature, the less likely you are to burn the chips, trust me, I’ve burned a few batches myself!!
– Once you are satisfied with the crispness of the chips, take them out of the oven, gently remove the Kale Chips from the cookie sheets and place them in a serving bowl. I found it helps if you move the foil around and loosen the chips.
And there you have it! Yummy, healthy Kale Chips! Surprise your guests at your next dinner party 😀
See you soon…
NattyDee yo 😉